This section should demonstrate several common tasks which can be done in XiMpLe with a minimal effort.
For more information please see the user's guide which is available in the section download.
1. Copy texts from a simple xml table to Excel
2. Adding new rows prepared in Excel to the XML table
3. Copy a part of an xml document to some other place
4. Manipulate data nested inside a structure
5. Create a table from csv file
6. Remove table rows matching some criteria
4. Manipulate data nested inside a structureLet’s have a table which contains some nested data (in the picture it's a column "UnitName").
We want to add a new language data for the "UnitName" column. We have already prepared data somewhere...
For this purpose we use a function "SubTable" applied on the column "UnitName"...
A column "UnitName" is displayed in a new form without the top horizontal level (if we need to manipulate data which are nested deeper we can call a sub-table repeatedly):
Now we can append a new column for this sub-table...
...rename the column to 'cz-CZ', copy prepared data from Excel and paste them to this new column.
After that we close the sub-table, return back and we are finished.